9/2/10

Collecting Color Craziness

Oddly enough, here is another salvagable bit from Rithum.com. This bit from 2007 details Nintendo's push for new colored Nintendo DS systems and multicolored systems in general:

When I think of a product becoming available in a range of colors, I for some reason imagine the console in the game play format of Color a Dinosaur. Nintendo of Europe has revealed a new silver color of DS Lite being made available Oct. 12 and it makes me wonder what colors or designs I would like to see on my DS Lite.

As the DS Lite continues on, one would be suspect that Nintendo will release even more versions of its handheld system and while the U.S. keeps getting different colors, it would be nice to start seeing different designs made available in the U.S. akin to what Japan has been getting with both the DS and PSP. Just check out this sleek, white Final Fantasy VII PSP design going on for the limited edition of Crisis Core. Square-Enix has always been good about getting Final Fantasy consoles made, which includes the Final Fantasy III Nintendo DS Lite and the Final Fantasy Wonderswan Color and if we’re really going to go all out with new system appearances, what could we kick out stateside?

Retro has been a big thing for Nintendo, so another Famicom or NES design seems very likely down the road, with designs based after the Nintendo 64 being not too big of a stretch due to the processing nature of the Nintendo DS. And wouldn’t it be cute if there was a DS design made that hinged two Game Boy Advances together? Nintendo has a long-running franchise of retro material and million-selling IPs, so why don’t we see more limited edition action from them in both their systems and games? More realistically, I would love to have a frost/icy blue color to my Nintendo DS Lite (why not, Japan has one) but I really give Nintendo the thumbs up on its recent Brain Age 2 design that provides a sexy-looking red and black combination.

Given that I hardly ever play my PSP anymore, I’m completely content with my standard issue black because let’s face it - it’s black, shiny and looks damn sexy. It sure beats the white colored systems that have surfaced while the PSP has been on the market, but as a very nice digital media device, the PSP could match the iPod in terms of customization and choices. So, it’s no wonder Sony keeps adding on to the system as opposed to changing it because it is actually working just fine from the front of media. At the $199.99 price tag, the PSP is a disputable choice over an iPod with the expansions being made in memory sticks. However, the outside rarely changes. It makes me wonder what a red or blue PSP would look like straight from the factory but if given the same finish as the black PSP, it could rival in terms of shiny sexiness.

Yeah, I’m pretty random today and if you couldn’t guess, blue is my favorite color. However, that does not mean I am advocating Happy Happyism.

No comments:

 
Custom Search